SSAT Middle and Upper Level Practice Book
SSAT Full Book Set 2015-2016
Ivy Global offers the most comprehensive, up-to-date, and effective preparation on the market for the Middle and Upper Level Secondary School Aptitude Test (SSAT). For students applying to many top private and independent schools in North America, the SSAT is a crucial and sometimes daunting step in the admissions process. By leading you step-by-step through the fundamental content and most effective strategies for the SSAT, Ivy Global will help you build your confidence and maximize your score on this important exam.
In the fall of 2012, the format of the SSAT was changed substantially. Ivy Global provides the first resources on the market that address these changes for both the Middle and Upper Levels.
Ivy Global’s books are right for you if:
- you are applying to a private or independent school that requires the SSAT for admission
- you will be in 5th to 7th grade (Middle Level) or 8th to 11th grade (Upper Level) when you take the SSAT
- you would like to learn and practice the most effective strategies for each section of the SSAT
- or you are a parent, family member, or tutor looking for new ways to help your Middle or Upper-Level SSAT student!
We know that no two students are exactly alike—each student brings a unique combination of personal strengths and weaknesses to his or her test preparation. For this reason, we’ve tailored our preparation materials into three separate books, each designed to help students with a specific subject area or goal:
- Ivy Global’s SSAT Math walks students through the best strategies for the SSAT Math sections, plus thorough review and practice for all of the math concepts tested at each level.
- Ivy Global’s SSAT English explains the most effective strategies for the SSAT Reading and Verbal sections, plus a step-by-step approach to the Writing Sample and a thorough vocabulary and writing skills review.
- Ivy Global’s SSAT Practice Tests provides four full-length practice tests for the SSAT (two Middle-Level and two Upper-Level), plus detailed scoring instructions.
Our three resources are the most thorough SSAT preparation materials you will find on the market. Our books include:
- an up-to-date introduction to the SSAT’s administration, format, and scoring practices, including the changes that took effect in fall 2012
- targeted strategies for students new to standardized tests, including study schedules, pacing, and stress management
- the most effective strategies for each section on the SSAT, including advanced strategies for Upper Level students
- a thorough review of all of the fundamental concepts you will need to know for the SSAT, including math, vocabulary, grammar, and literary terminology
- 500 core vocabulary words to prepare for the level of vocabulary tested by the SSAT, plus innovative and fun strategies to make vocabulary building part of your daily life
- a step-by-step approach for the writing sample, preparing students to write short stories and essays that will stand out in the admissions process
- close to 2,000 practice questions and exercises, grouped into targeted practice sets for each concept and difficulty level—over twice the practice questions offered by other resources
- four full-length practice tests for the SSAT (two Middle-Level and two Upper-Level), including detailed scoring instructions