SSAT English Book
In the fall of 2012, the format of the SSAT was changed substantially. Ivy Global provides the first resources on the market that address these changes for both the Middle and Upper Levels.
We know that no two students are exactly alike—each student brings a unique combination of personal strengths and weaknesses to his or her test preparation. For this reason, we’ve tailored our preparation materials to help students with a specific subject area or goal. Ivy Global’s SSAT English walks students through the best strategies for the SSAT Reading and Verbal sections, plus a step-by-step approach to the Writing Sample and a thorough vocabulary and writing skills review.
Ivy Global’s SSAT English is right for you if:
- you are applying to a private or independent school that requires the SSAT for admission
- you will be in Grades 5-7 (Middle Level) or 8-11 (Upper Level) when you write the SSAT
- you would like to learn and practice the most effective strategies for the Verbal, Reading, and Writing sections of the SSAT
- or you are a parent, family member, or tutor looking for new ways to help your Middle or Upper-Level SSAT student!
Ivy Global’s SSAT English provides the most thorough preparation you will find on the market. This book includes:
- an up-to-date introduction to the SSAT’s administration, format, and scoring practices, including the changes that took effect in fall 2012
- targeted strategies for students new to standardized tests, including study schedules, pacing, and stress management
- a complete introduction to the SSAT Reading and Verbal sections, explaining in detail what concepts are tested and what types of questions are asked
- the most effective strategies to approach each type of question on these sections, including advanced strategies for Upper Level students
- a step-by-step approach for the Writing Sample, preparing students to write short stories and essays that will stand out in the admissions process
- a thorough review of all of the fundamental concepts you will need to know for the SSAT, including vocabulary, grammar, and literary terminology
- 500 core vocabulary words to prepare for the level of vocabulary tested by the SSAT, plus innovative and fun strategies to make vocabulary building part of your daily life
- close to 900 practice questions and drills, grouped into targeted practice sets for each concept and difficulty level—over twice the practice questions offered by other resources